These delicious Italian chicken meatballs can be served with vegetables or pasta. They also make the perfect companions to our Brodo di pollo (chicken soup) recipe.
- L/D Lunch/Dinner
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Serves 3-4
- Difficulty medium
- Squeeze excess milk from bread. Place chicken, parsley, garlic and seasoning in a food processor, blend to combine.
- Add cheese and egg, continue to process, and finally add bread.
- Use hands to bring together the mixture well. If too moist, add some homemade breadcrumbs. Roll into balls.
- If freezing, lay on a flat plate lined with baking paper or non-stick paper, so they are not touching each other; this prevents them from sticking together when frozen. Once frozen, they can be stored in an airtight freezer-proof container, and desired quantity used as needed.
- To cook: Either place in the cooked simmering Brodo di pollo (recipe here) and continue to cook for 20-30 minutes on the stovetop, or steam for 20 minutes and then place in soup, or serve with vegetables. If making pasta and meatballs, put into a napoli sauce and cook on stovetop for 20 minutes.