This is a delicious and extremely quick and easy soup to include in the winter months, when cauliflower is in season.
- L/D Lunch/Dinner
- DF Dairy free
- GF Gluten free
- Ve Vegan
- VG Vegetarian
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Serves 6-8
- Difficulty easy
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter; add onion or leek and sauté on low heat until partially cooked.
- Stir in cauliflower to coat with the flavour of the onion and oil.
- Add beans and enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer until cauliflower is cooked (breaks up when pressed with a wooden spoon).
- Remove bay leaves and process with a hand processor.
- Serve with crumbled feta or low-fat yoghurt and extra parsley.
By Jean Hailes naturopath and herbalist Sandra Villella
Cauliflower belongs to the Brassica family. Regular consumption (1-2 serves daily) of vegetables from this family, is associated with reducing the risk of certain cancers including breast cancer.
Cannellini beans are used to thicken this soup, and provide a source of protein and dietary fibre.