Join Jean Hailes Medical Director and menopause expert Dr Elizabeth Farrell AM, along with the current and past presidents of the Australasian Menopause Society, Dr Karen Magraith and Dr Sonia Davison, as they discuss the menopause consultation and management options.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- outline key points to cover in menopause consultations including diagnosis, screening, tests, and health promotion messages
- evaluate benefits and risks of menopausal hormone therapy (MHT)
- design a safe and effective menopause management plan with consideration of a woman’s presenting symptoms and medical history.
Accreditation of webinars for CPD
If you require CPD points for this activity, please read the below.
Depending on your profession, you may need to keep a record of some/all of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs in the area, the type of activity, content/details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity and CPD hours.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 360476. It is accredited with RACGP for 3 CPD activity points.
Note: this activity does not count towards a GPs RANZCOG accreditation.
Find out more on the CPD requirements of registered Australian health professions.
On completion of Jean Hailes' education activities you can fill out an online survey, after which, your certificate of completion will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
Note: Medical and health professionals with AHPRA registration can access the full text of all online articles from the Medicine Today Group journals. Sign up here or log in here if you are already a subscriber.
Health professional resources
- Health professional tools
- Health professional webinars on menopause
- Greene Climacteric Scale
- Podcast: non-hormonal options for menopause management
- Ask an Expert: Q&A.
Australasian Menopause Society (AMS)
- AMS guide to equivalent MHT doses
- Menopause consultation template
- Menopause symptom score card
- Full list of information sheets for health professionals
- AMS – non-hormonal treatment options for menopause symptoms.
Monash University Australia
- Menopause webpages
- Patient resources including fact sheets, booklets and multilingual fact sheets.
- Healthy Bones Australia – exercise and bone density
- Book (mentioned in the webinar) – Living well through the menopause by Myra Hunter and Melanie Smith.
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP QI&CPD points, complete the evaluation survey below: