Join Jean Hailes Medical Director and menopause expert Dr Elizabeth Farrell AM, along with the current and past presidents of the Australasian Menopause Society, Dr Karen Magraith and Dr Sonia Davison, as they discuss the menopause consultation and management options.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- outline key points to cover in menopause consultations including diagnosis, screening, tests, and health promotion messages
- evaluate benefits and risks of menopausal hormone therapy (MHT)
- design a safe and effective menopause management plan with consideration of a woman’s presenting symptoms and medical history.
Recording this activity for CPD points or hours
Jean Hailes education activities can be used to fulfill the CPD requirements of many registered health professions.
Depending on your profession, you may need to keep a record of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs, type of activity, content details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity and CPD hours.
RACGP’s CPD Program
The RACGP activity ID number for this webinar is 414097. It is accredited with RACGP for 1.5 hours of Educational Activity (EA).
This activity does not count towards a GP’s RANZCOG accreditation.
On completion of Jean Hailes’ education activities, you can fill out an online evaluation survey, after which your certificate of completion or attendance will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
To provide direct feedback to the RACGP about this activity, download the RACGP feedback form.
Note: Medical and health professionals with AHPRA registration can access the full text of all online articles from the Medicine Today Group journals. Sign up here or log in here if you are already a subscriber.
Health professional resources
- Health professional tools
- Health professional webinars on menopause
- Greene Climacteric Scale
- Podcast: non-hormonal options for menopause management
- Ask an Expert: Q&A.
Australasian Menopause Society (AMS)
- AMS guide to equivalent MHT doses
- Menopause consultation template
- Menopause symptom score card
- Full list of information sheets for health professionals
- AMS – non-hormonal treatment options for menopause symptoms.
Monash University Australia
- Healthy Bones Australia – exercise and bone density
- Book (mentioned in the webinar) – Living well through the menopause by Myra Hunter and Melanie Smith.
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP CPD hours, complete the evaluation survey below: