Join renowned experts Professor Rodney Baber AM and Professor Jayashri Kulkarni AM along with host and Jean Hailes GP Dr Tessa King as they discuss the impacts of menopause on mental health.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- recognise common symptoms such as brain fog, anxiety and depression that affect many women during the menopause transition
- understand that mental health and cognitive symptoms may be present without vasomotor symptoms during the menopause transition
- understand the impacts of hormones on the brain during the menopause transition
- evaluate the benefits and risks of menopausal hormone therapy (MHT) for the management of mental health symptoms during the menopause transition.
Accreditation of webinars for CPD
If you require CPD points for this activity, please read the below.
Depending on your profession, you may need to keep a record of some/all of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs in the area, the type of activity, content/details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity and CPD hours.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 374284. It is accredited with RACGP for 3 CPD activity points.
Note: this activity does not count towards a GP's RANZCOG accreditation.
Find out more on the CPD requirements of registered Australian health professions.
On completion of Jean Hailes' education activities you can fill out an online survey, after which, your certificate of completion will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
- Brain fog in menopause: a health-care professional’s guide for decision-making and counseling on cognition
- Development and validation of a new rating scale for perimenopausal depression – Meno-D (PDF)
- MENO-D score sheet (PDF)
- How To Treat: Perimenopausal depression (PDF)
- The many faces of anxiety – Jean Hailes health professional article
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP QI&CPD points, complete the evaluation survey below: