This webinar for health professionals was presented in collaboration with Family Planning Victoria. It provides up-to-date knowledge and a practical guide to the most appropriate and effective method of contraception for patients.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Examine current best practice using the Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) system for safe prescribing of contraception.
- Compare contraceptive methods using the Family Planning Alliance Australia (FPAA) contraception efficacy card.
- Differentiate between the IUD options and features available in Australia.
- Summarise appropriate use of contraception in stages/conditions such as perimenopause, polycystic ovary syndrome and migraines.
- Identify the clinical indications for specialist referral.
Recording this activity for CPD points or hours
Jean Hailes education activities can be used to fulfill the CPD requirements of many registered health professions.
Depending on your profession, you may need to keep a record of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs, type of activity, content details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity and CPD hours.
RACGP’s CPD Program
The RACGP activity ID number for this webinar is 416761. It is accredited with RACGP for 1.5 hours of Educational Activity (EA).
This activity does not count towards a GP’s RANZCOG accreditation.
On completion of Jean Hailes’ education activities, you can fill out an online evaluation survey, after which your certificate of completion or attendance will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
To provide direct feedback to the RACGP about this activity, download the RACGP feedback form.
Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
Family Planning Victoria
Family Planning Alliance
Australasian Menopause Society
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP CPD hours, complete the evaluation survey below: