This webinar for health professionals was presented in collaboration with Family Planning Victoria. It provides up-to-date knowledge and a practical guide to the most appropriate and effective method of contraception for patients.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Examine current best practice using the Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) system for safe prescribing of contraception.
- Compare contraceptive methods using the Family Planning Alliance Australia (FPAA) contraception efficacy card.
- Differentiate between the IUD options and features available in Australia.
- Summarise appropriate use of contraception in stages/conditions such as perimenopause, polycystic ovary syndrome and migraines.
- Identify the clinical indications for specialist referral.
Accreditation of webinars for CPD
Jean Hailes education activities can be used to fulfil the CPD requirements of many registered health professions. Depending on your profession you may need to keep a record of some/all of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs in the area, the type of activity, content/details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity, CPD hours.
Find out more on the CPD requirements of registered Australian health professions.
On completion of Jean Hailes' education activities you can fill out an online survey, after which, your certificate of completion will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 262545. It is accredited with 3 category 2 CPD points.
Note: this CPD activity (previously known as Category 2) does not count towards a GP's RANZCOG accreditation.
Download the RACGP feedback form.
Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
Family Planning Victoria
Family Planning Alliance
Australasian Menopause Society
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP QI&CPD points, complete the evaluation survey below: