Professor Henry Burger
Founding Board Member & Inaugural Patron
AO, FAA, MD, BS, FRCP, FRCOG, FRACP, FCP (SA), FRANZCOG, Hon. Doct. Univ. of Liege, LL.D (honoris causa), Monash University
Our inaugural patron helped establish a lasting memorial to the work of the late Dr Jean Hailes.
- Member, Research Committee, Jean Hailes for Women's Health
- Emeritus Director, Prince Henry's Institute of Medical Research
- Past President, International Menopause Society
- Past President, Australasian Menopause Society
- Officer, Order of Australia (AO) 1993
"Together with four colleagues who had known the late Dr Jean Hailes well, and joined soon afterwards by her daughter Janet, I was committed to establishing a lasting memorial to her work for women. I was pleased to serve on the board of the Jean Hailes Foundation [now Jean Hailes for Women's Health] for 20 years, and believe that my major contribution has been to all three divisions of the Foundation - Clinical, Research and Education.
"I am honoured to be the inaugural patron and will continue to promote the organisation whenever and wherever I can. Jean Hailes has established itself as an outstanding part of the women's health scene, and I believe it will continue to contribute in a major way."