In this digital-only edition, we explore:
- Financial health: Why it matters as much as your physical and mental health;
- Termination: A woman’s choices when ending a pregnancy;
- The vulva: Time to learn about this important body part;
- Research: Menopause: the long-term impacts
- Plant-based eating: Are ‘fake meats’ a raw deal?
Plus new recipes from Jean Hailes naturopath Sandra Villella, and more.
An important update on the Jean Hailes Magazine
The printed Jean Hailes Magazine is moving to a low-cost subscription of $14 a year, or you can subscribe to the digital version – our e-magazine – for free.
As you may know – and as we have seen by the increasing closures of newspapers and magazines – it costs a lot to produce print products. Everything you see, on every page of the Jean Hailes Magazine, is created by us – from the articles to the beautifully designed pages. Our own expert clinicians also review all of the content before it is published, so you know it’s health information you can trust.
Since we first began producing the Jean Hailes Magazine over 20 years ago, we have provided it for free to our followers and supporters, even covering the postage costs. In recent years, as we moved to producing two magazines a year, we continued to do so at no cost to our many subscribers.
However, with the rising costs of producing the magazine and printing and posting it out, we have made the difficult decision to ask you, our loyal reader, to pay a low annual subscription of $14 to cover our costs. That’s $7 per magazine, including postage.
(Note: if you are an organisation ordering bulk copies, the postage per copy will of course be less.)
We are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to helping women and girls around Australia with their health needs. This $14 will not generate a profit – it is simply to cover the costs of producing and posting the magazine.
If you don’t wish to pay for a subscription to the print magazine, that’s OK; you can still receive a free digital version – our e-magazine – that you can read online.
This year, as a one-off due to the impacts of COVID-19, we will only be producing an e-magazine. We will email you a link to the digital publication of this edition if you register for it.
From 2021 we will return to our normal schedule of two print versions a year, one in the first quarter and the second in the third quarter of the year. Both will, of course, also be available as free e-magazines.
How to pay for a print subscription
You can pay for a subscription via any of the following three ways:
- Pay now for your 2021 print subscription.
- Pay later - confirm your 2021 print subscription and we will send you payment details in December.
- Send a cheque for $14 made out to Jean Hailes for Women's Health, to PO Box 3367 East Melbourne VIC 3002. Please include: your name, postal details and that the cheque is to pay for the magazine subscription. We will add you to the 2021 magazine mailing list.
Thank you for being a loyal reader of the Jean Hailes Magazine. We greatly appreciate your support.