This webinar aims to improve health professionals’ knowledge and understanding of the use of natural therapies in women’s health around the time of menopause.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- describe examples of evidence-based natural therapies for the management of menopause
- inform women's decision-making about their use of complementary medicine and therapies.
- explain the terms used to describe categories of hormone therapies used to manage menopausal symptoms, such as bioidentical, body identical and pharmacy-compounded hormones
Recording this activity for CPD points or hours
Jean Hailes education activities can be used to fulfill the CPD requirements of many registered health professions.
Depending on your profession, you may need to keep a record of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs, type of activity, content details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity and CPD hours.
RACGP’s CPD Program
The RACGP activity ID number for this webinar is 416678. It is accredited with RACGP for 1 hour of Educational Activity (EA).
This activity does not count towards a GP’s RANZCOG accreditation.
On completion of Jean Hailes’ education activities, you can fill out an online evaluation survey, after which your certificate of completion or attendance will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
To provide direct feedback to the RACGP about this activity, download the RACGP feedback form.
- Review & meta-analysis: isopropanolic black cohosh extract iCR for menopausal symptoms – an update on the evidence
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Menopause
Australasian menopause society (AMS)
- Information sheets
- Migraine, headaches, menopause and MHT fact sheet
- Bioidentical custom compounded hormone therapy
- Complementary and herbal therapies for hot flushes
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP CPD hours, complete the evaluation survey below: