This webinar aims to improve health professionals’ knowledge and understanding of the use of natural therapies in women’s health around the time of menopause.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- describe examples of evidence-based natural therapies for the management of menopause
- inform women's decision-making about their use of complementary medicine and therapies.
- explain the terms used to describe categories of hormone therapies used to manage menopausal symptoms, such as bioidentical, body identical and pharmacy-compounded hormones
Accreditation of webinars for CPD
If you require CPD points for this activity, please read the below.
Depending on your profession, you may need to keep a record of some/all of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs in the area, the type of activity, content/details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity and CPD hours.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 332185. It is accredited with RACGP for 2 CPD activity points.
Note: this activity does not count towards a GPs RANZCOG accreditation.
Find out more on the CPD requirements of registered Australian health professions.
On completion of Jean Hailes' education activities you can fill out an online survey, after which, your certificate of completion will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
- Review & meta-analysis: isopropanolic black cohosh extract iCR for menopausal symptoms – an update on the evidence
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Menopause
Australasian menopause society (AMS)
- Information sheets
- Migraine, headaches, menopause and MHT fact sheet
- Bioidentical custom compounded hormone therapy
- Complementary and herbal therapies for hot flushes
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP QI&CPD points, complete the evaluation survey below: