This webinar aims to improve health professionals’ knowledge and understanding of the use of complementary medicine and therapies in women’s health.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of collaborative care across disciplines in the management of women’s health and treatment choices.
- Discuss natural therapy approaches to the management of common women’s health conditions such as PCOS, PMS/PMDD and menopause.
- Discuss safety and efficacy concerns in a collaborative health care setting.
- Inform women's safe decision-making about their use of complementary medicine and therapies.
Accreditation of webinars for CPD
Jean Hailes education activities can be used to fulfil the CPD requirements of many registered health professions. Depending on your profession you may need to keep a record of some/all of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs in the area, the type of activity, content/details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity, CPD hours.
Find out more on the CPD requirements of registered Australian health professions.
On completion of Jean Hailes' education activities you can fill out an online survey, after which, your certificate of completion will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 303696. It is accredited with RACGP for 3 CPD activity points.
Note: this activity does not count towards a GPs RANZCOG accreditation.
Download the RACGP feedback form.
- A survey of the use of complementary medicine by a self-selected community group of Australian women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Jean Hailes article: 'The role of complementary medicine in women’s health'
- Jean Hailes health professional tools
- Jean Hailes PCOS and natural therapies webinar.
Jean Hailes resources
- Natural therapies webpage
- Natural therapies and supplements fact sheet
- Linseed banana and date muffins (mentioned in the Q&A)
- Menopause and herbs
- PCOS and natural therapies
- Endometriosis and natural therapies
- Understanding menopause booklet
- Understanding PCOS booklet
- Understanding endometriosis booklet.
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP QI&CPD points, complete the evaluation survey below: