Endocrinologist Dr Sonia Davison discusses premature menopause and explores the diagnosis and management options of the condition.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Outline a systematic approach to the assessment, investigation, diagnosis and management of premature menopause
- Discuss the higher risks of developing osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease for women with premature/early menopause than for those women reaching menopause at the expected age
- Explain and recommend appropriate management options for premature menopause
- Implement a system which allows for ongoing monitoring of management and prevention strategies for women with premature menopause.
Accreditation of webinars for CPD
Jean Hailes education activities can be used to fulfil the CPD requirements of many registered health professions. Depending on your profession you may need to keep a record of some/all of the following: event date, provider, your learning needs in the area, the type of activity, content/details, learning outcomes, reflection on the activity, CPD hours.
Find out more on the CPD requirements of registered Australian health professions.
On completion of Jean Hailes' education activities you can fill out an online survey, after which, your certificate of completion will be emailed to you for your CPD record.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 184125. It is accredited with 1 category 2 CPD point.
NOTE: This is a Category 2 activity, and does not count towards a GP's RANZCOG accreditation.
Download the RACGP feedback form.
- Australian Family Physician article, Premature ovarian insufficiency in general practice: Meeting the needs of women
- Australasian Menopause Society
- Jean Hailes Health professional tool: Menopause
Jean Hailes for Women's Health
To receive a certificate of completion and/or RACGP QI&CPD points, complete the evaluation survey below: