This webinar will provide health professionals with up-to-date knowledge and a practical guide to the most appropriate and effective method of contraception for patients.
If you are unable to attend on the night, please register anyway if you're interested, and we can send you the recording of the webinar after the event.
- Dr Suzanne Pearson - GP and Senior Medical Educator, Family Planning Victoria
- Dr Sonia Davison - Endocrinologist, Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
- Dr Kathleen McNamee - Medical Director, Family Planning Victoria
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- use current best practice for safe prescribing of contraception using the Medical Eligibility Criteria system
- compare contraceptive methods using the Family Planning Alliance Australia contraception efficacy card
- differentiate between IUD options and features available in Australia
- identify appropriate use of contraception to manage stages/conditions such as perimenopause, POCS and migraine
- identity clinical indications for specialist referral.
Participants are eligible for RACGP – 3 category 2 CPD points. RACGP activity number 262545