Weekly Activity Diary
How to fill out your weekly activity diary:
- Print out the weekly activity sheet and fill it in with your current usual weekly activities.
- Now go back over it and identify the things you ‘have to do’ with an H, the ‘should do’ with an S, and the ‘would like to do’ with a W.
- Is there something missing, such as time out for you? Make a list of things you would like to do for yourself, no matter how big or small.
- Now look at all the Hs, Ss, Ws and prioritise each group, starting with the most important down to the least.
- Print out a new weekly activity sheet and put the top five activities for each group PLUS five things from your list of things to do for yourself.
- Practise your new weekly activity sheet, and fine tune where needed.
This may not solve all of your problems, but even if you become more aware of your needs and the importance of not trying to fit too much in, you are on the way to reducing your stress load.
Content updated September 2009