Women’s Health Course
Successfully working with women and their health: A course for doctors and health professionals
Jean Hailes for Women's Health is a provider of choice to health professionals for all aspects of women's health. We are committed to providing evidence-based education and training for health professionals to improve their understanding of female reproductive health disorders and preventative health.
This course is delivered in collaboration with PapScreen Victoria and the Melbourne Medical School to provide a broadly-focused women's health education program, orientated to the needs of rural and regionally based practices. The program is designed to be engaging, informative, interactive and practically based and encourages the active involvement of participants in this learning event.
Jean Hailes is an accredited provider with both RACGP Category 1 and Category 2 activities, which form part of the Quality Improvement & Continuing Professional Development (RACGP QI & CPD) program. Activities are also accredited through the Professional Development Program (PDP) of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
Participants are eligible for 40 Category 1 RACGP CPD points and ACRRM 30 PRPD Points and 30 PRPD O&G MOPS Points. Predisposing and reinforcing activities are a required part of this course to qualify for CPD points, which includes pre-reading material and a pre and post course survey.
Dates in 2013
- Friday 18th October BOOKED OUT
- Friday 6th December BOOKED OUT
Dates for 2014 will be finalised shortly.
Booking are now closed for 2013.
This course is a full day of training that combines information delivery with opportunities for interactive learning in the first half of the day. This is followed by a fully supervised practical session with Clinical Teaching Associates in the second half, to develop practical assessment skills.
The course starts at 8.30am and finishes at 6.00pm
The course is held at Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria 3053
- Assessment of the well woman
- Menopause Management
- Violence against women
- Sensitive examinations of women - a practical clinical session on conducting breast and pelvic examinations of women.
The registration fee for the course is $800.00 plus GST
- All participants receive a comprehensive women's health resource pack
- Lunch and morning tea are provided to all participants.
Aims of the program
- Provide knowledge and core skills in the assessment and management of a range of common disorders in the area of female reproductive health
- Provide a broad understanding of best practice standards in the delivery of health care to women
- Provide practical learning opportunities in the clinical assessment of women
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meet the learning needs of practitioners working in rural and regional environments.
Participants completing this program will have:
- Increased knowledge and skill in the assessment and management of women's health across the age spectrum
- Increased knowledge and skill in preventative health and chronic disease prevention
- Ensured patient safety with the early identification and appropriate referral of women's health related conditions
- Increased awareness of patient health resources
- Improved skills in effective patient communication.
Please contact RWAV on (03) 9349 7800 or go to www.rwav.com.au for information on how to apply for subsidy.
- Victorian rural GPs and registrars are eligible to apply to the Rural Workforce Agency of Victoria (RWAV) administered DHS CPD for rural GP subsidy program to subsidise registration, travel and accommodation costs.
- Doctors recruited under the Victorian Overseas Trained Doctors Rural Recruitment Scheme (VORRS) have their course fees fully subsidised, and are eligible to apply to the RWAV administered DHS CPD for rural GP subsidy program to subsidise travel and accommodation costs.
Terms and Conditions
If bookings for a particular date are too low, the course will either be cancelled or rescheduled. If this is the case, you will be informed via email approximately 1-2 weeks before the course.
All cancellations must be received in writing by Jean Hailes 10 working days prior to the scheduled course date. An administration fee of $100 per registrant will apply for cancellation received before this. No refund will be given for cancellations within 10 working days prior to the scheduled course.
Content updated December 2013