For more information or to discuss the possibility of conducting an event or a seminar in your community, please go to our 'JH in Your Community' program.
There are no current events listed at this time
Content updated 25 March 2013
Jean Hailes is very proud of its first ever Women’s Health Week, which took place from September 2-6, with online activities and community events across the country.
The Women’s Health Week aims to encourage women to take the time to focus on their health and wellbeing. This year’s theme was ‘What’s Your Health Pledge?’
Highlights of our first ever Women’s Health Week
Highlights of the first Jean Hailes Women’s Health Week include:
- Over 6,000 people registered for the inaugural Women’s Health Week
- Over 1,000 people pledged to make one small difference to their health
- Our inaugural launch event at Federation Square in Melbourne saw 1,000 health show bags, hundreds of bottled water and pieces of fruit given out to passers by
- Over 200 women’s health events in communities around Australia including Jabiru, NT; Rockingham, WA; Dubbo, NSW; Waikerie, SA; Toowoomba, Qld; Wanniassa, ACT; and Mallacoota, Vic
- Towns including Kaniva, Dunolly and Foster in Victoria, as well as Bunbury and Geraldton in WA, organised health events for each day of women’s health week
- Health events were varied including pelvic floor and core strengthening sessions, Pilates, zumba, health checks, walk followed by picnic lunch, a cappuccino dash, fitness assessments, self-care, golf, pamper sessions, yoga, Tai Chi, meditation, pot luck dinner, group exercise, luncheons, expos, nutrition for pregnancy, morning teas, mindfulness and meditation, and more!
- Curves around Australia – one of our partnering organisations – held over 70 events nationally
Stay tuned for Women’s Health Week 2014, from September 1-5!
Content created November 2013